If the eyes are the windows to the soul, shouldn't yours show off your youthful spirit? Eyelid lifts are becoming one of the most popular aesthetic procedures, with nearly 150,000 eyelid surgeries performed in the US annually.
What is an eyelid lift?
An eyelid lift, also known as blepharoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery that can remove the look of age from your face rapidly. It works by tightening the skin of your eyelids to remove wrinkles and drooping skin. The result is tauter, smoother skin around your eyes and a more youthful appearance. There are two types of blepharoplasty - upper eyelid, and lower eyelid.
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty
Since aging means less collagen production, the eyelid skin isn’t as elastic as it was when you were younger. Fat deposits, due to inherited tendency under the skin, can lead to unsightly bulges and folds. An upper eyelid lift removes the excess fat and skin through the crease in the upper eyelid, and tightens the surface of the eyelid. This helps you look younger by improving the contour of your eyes and preventing the upper eyelid skin from drooping.
Lower eyelid blepharoplasty
As with the upper eyelid, fat deposits and stretching skin can lead to sagging and drooping. A lower eyelid lift can rejuvenate tired eyes and dramatically improve your appearance. Fatty deposits in the lower eyelid area, presenting as puffy bags, pouches and bulges, are removed. The incision is hidden inside the lower lids through the transconjunctival approach, (one of the most advanced techniques) to avoid external scarring. The re-contoured skin gives a natural appearance. This procedure can dramatically enhance the attractiveness and shape of the eyes for a smoother, more youthful look.
Seven advantages of eyelid lifts for anti-aging
An eyelid lift can dramatically improve your appearance and reverse the effects aging has on your looks. It is a popular cosmetic procedure to promote a youthful look thanks to:
- Speed of the procedure. Dr. Baraki can usually complete blepharoplasty procedures in just one to two hours.
- Anesthesia options. Most patients can choose between local and full anesthesia.
- Lack of visible scars. Incisions are hidden in the upper eyelid crease or inside the lower eyelid.
- Short recovery time. Recovery is fast, usually only lasting about a week.
- Minimal discomfort. Pain after the surgery is usually controllable with OTC pain relievers, although Dr. Baraki can prescribe something a little stronger if you need it.
- Relatively low cost. Compared to other facial cosmetic procedures, a blepharoplasty is quite affordable.
- Long-lasting results. The effects of an upper eyelid blepharoplasty can remain for years when performed correctly, and lower eyelid procedures typically don’t have to be redone at all.
Ready to get back the eyes of your youth? Call Lansdowne Aesthetic Center at 793-291-0138 for an appointment with Dr. Baraki, or book a free consultation online.